Law Clerk Position 2020
MDC Legal is a specialist employment law firm, ranked as a Leading Employment Law Firm in Doyle’s Guide 2019. We are currently seeking a Law Clerk to join our busy team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organised person who can take initiative and is able to work within a team.
Prior work experience in, and or study of employment law, is highly desirable but not essential.
The role involves:
- Conducting legal research and preparing research memorandums;
- Taking new enquiries from potential clients and preparing correspondence to potential clients;
- Assisting with client file management;
- Assisting in preparation for and attending client meetings, and preparing file notes;
- Drafting written summaries of advice to clients;
- Drafting claims, applications and submissions;
- Contributing to continuous professional development activities, including drafting articles for publication and presentations; and
- Assisting with general office administration duties.
If you would like to apply for the position, please provide a cover letter addressing your interest in our firm and our area of practice, a resume highlighting your relevant experience, a current academic transcript and your referees to [email protected] for consideration.
As we grow our business, we have exciting opportunities for workplace relations lawyers.
You will be engaged in an interesting range of matters and with diverse clients, providing advice, representation, training and compliance auditing, as part of a supportive and energetic team. We offer market leading remuneration and promotion opportunities to a senior level. Part-time and flexible work arrangements considered.
We have opportunities up to Senior Associate level for motivated workplace relations lawyers. You will be:
- Working with a motivated team, dealing directly with diverse clients.
- Providing advice, drafting pleadings and running litigation.
- Practice areas including employment law (statute and common law, State and Federal), industrial relations, equal opportunity, discrimination, bullying, adverse action, unfair dismissal matters
- Leading workplace investigations, auditing and supporting client HR and drafting of employment contracts, policies and other legal documents.
- Mentoring junior lawyers, delivery of CPDs and development of the practice.
Benefits of MDC Legal
- Supportive, friendly, focused and well-resourced work environment.
- Attractive salary and benefits.
- Practice building and ownership, opportunities for promotion and leadership roles.
- The opportunity to work autonomously including dealing directly with clients and counsel.
- Hands-on litigation experience including advocacy opportunities.
- Lifestyle benefits including flexible work arrangements and reasonable budgets/targets
Applicants will have at least 3 years post-admission experience with a strong background in workplace relations and employment law, litigation, drafting ability and refined communication skills.
Please forward your confidential application and CV by email to [email protected]