Workplace Relations Lawyer and Senior Associate
We are currently seeking a lawyer and senior associate to join our busy team.
MDC Legal is a specialist employment law firm, ranked as a Leading Employment Law Firm in Doyle’s Guide 2020. We are currently seeking to fill 2 positions: a lawyer and a senior associate.
Why MDC Legal is a great place to work
- Work with a motivated, experienced and well-respected team. Our team is recognised as a Leading Employment Law Firm in Doyle’s Guide 2020, and our Director and Special Counsel are also individually recognised.
- Work directly with our diverse client base – including large and small employers in a range of industries, senior executives and employees – and gain a unique and holistic insight into workplace relations issues.
- Enjoy opportunities to undertake high level work, including providing strategic advice to Executives and Human Resources Professionals, local governments and regulatory authorities; drafting pleadings and other Court documents and running litigation.
- Advise on State and Federal employment and industrial laws, common law claims and restraints of trade.
- Mentor junior lawyers and enjoy opportunities to build your reputation via delivery of CPDs and development of the practice.
- Enjoy high quality administrative support and a supportive, close-knit team environment.
Benefits of working at MDC Legal
- Supportive, friendly, focussed and well-resourced work environment.
- Attractive salary and benefits – including one additional week of special leave.
- Practice building and ownership, opportunities for promotion and leadership roles.
- Team and autonomous work, dealing directly with clients and counsel.
- Hands-on litigation and advocacy opportunities.
- Lifestyle benefits including flexible work arrangements and reasonable budgets/targets and work hours.
Applicants will for the lawyer position will be at least 2-4 years post-admission and have experience in employment law. Senior Associate applicants will demonstrate additional leadership and independence. You will have demonstrated strong drafting and refined communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work well both individually and within a team.
If you would like to apply, please provide a cover letter addressing your interest in our firm and our area of practice, a resume highlighting your relevant experience, a current academic transcript and your referees to [email protected] for consideration.