Workplace Relations Senior Associate and Lawyer
We are currently seeking a senior associate and lawyer to join our busy specialist employment law firm.
Applicants will be at least 2-4 years post-admission and have experience in employment law.
You will have demonstrated strong drafting and communication skills, advocacy/litigation experience and can work well individually and within a team.
Why MDC Legal?
- Strong reputation with ranking as a Leading Employment Law Firm.
- Lifestyle benefits including reasonable budgets/targets and work hours; flexible work arrangements.
- Opportunities for promotion and leadership roles.
- Supportive, friendly and well-resourced work environment with strong administrative support.
- Attractive salary and benefits; including one additional week of special leave.
- Diverse client base; including small and large employers from a range of industries, and senior employees/executives.
- Undertake high level work, including providing strategic advice to human resource professionals, local governments and regulatory authorities.
- Advise and act in disputes in State and Federal industrial jurisdictions, common law claims and restraints of trade.
- Mentor junior lawyers and build your reputation via delivery of CPDs and business development.
Please provide a cover letter addressing your interest in our firm and your relevant experience, and provide a resume and current academic transcript to [email protected] for consideration.
Winter Clerkship/ Casual Clerkship
We are currently accepting applications for a winter clerkship and or ongoing casual law clerkships.
Preferred applicants will be in their penultimate or final year of a law degree or juris doctor, with strong research and writing skills and a demonstrated interest in employment law.
We are a collaborative and supportive team in which you will have extensive and deep involvement in a wide range of interesting and challenging employment law matters. The role involves supporting the firm’s lawyers, including:
- Legal research;
- Taking client instructions and analysing documents;
- Assisting in drafting correspondence, advices, pleadings and submissions;
- Assisting in preparation for court, commission and tribunal conciliations, mediations or trials;
- Assisting with pro bono matters;
- Contributing to continuous professional development activities, including drafting articles for publication and presentations.
Applicants will provide a cover letter addressing your interest in our firm and our area of practice, and provide a resume highlighting relevant experience, a current academic transcript, and referees to [email protected] for consideration. Applications close on 15 June 2021.