As we grow our business, we have exciting opportunities for workplace relations lawyers.
You will be engaged in an interesting range of matters and with diverse clients, providing advice, representation, training and compliance auditing, as part of a supportive and energetic team. We offer market leading remuneration and promotion opportunities to a senior level. Part-time and flexible work arrangements considered.
We have opportunities up to Senior Associate level for motivated workplace relations lawyers. You will be:
- Working with a motivated team, dealing directly with diverse clients.
- Providing advice, drafting pleadings and running litigation.
- Practice areas including employment law (statute and common law, State and Federal), industrial relations, equal opportunity, discrimination, bullying, adverse action, unfair dismissal matters
- Leading workplace investigations, auditing and supporting client HR and drafting of employment contracts, policies and other legal documents.
- Mentoring junior lawyers, delivery of CPDs and development of the practice.
Benefits of MDC Legal
- Supportive, friendly, focused and well-resourced work environment.
- Attractive salary and benefits.
- Practice building and ownership, opportunities for promotion and leadership roles.
- The opportunity to work autonomously including dealing directly with clients and counsel.
- Hands-on litigation experience including advocacy opportunities.
- Lifestyle benefits including flexible work arrangements and reasonable budgets/targets
Applicants will have at least 3 years post-admission experience with a strong background in workplace relations and employment law, litigation, drafting ability and refined communication skills.
Please forward your confidential application and CV by email to [email protected]
Winter Clerkship June and July 2019
We are currently accepting applications for winter clerkships available in June and July 2019.
We seek a motivated person with strong research and writing skills who is in their penultimate or final year of studies.
Prior work experience in, and or study of employment law, is highly desirable.
The role involves supporting the firm’s lawyers, including:
- Conducting legal research;
- Taking new enquiries from potential clients; preparing correspondence;
- Assisting with client file management
- Assisting in preparation for, attending and noting client meetings;
- Drafting written summaries of advice to clients;
- Drafting claims, applications and submissions;
- Contributing to continuous professional development activities, including drafting articles for publication and presentations; and
- Assisting with general office administration duties.
If you wish to express an interest, please provide a cover letter addressing that interest in our firm and our area of practice, and provide a resume highlighting relevant experience, a current academic record sheet and referees to [email protected] for consideration.